Let’s get you back on the road again, rehabilitate your driver record, stay safe and save you thousands of dollars in the process.
The Bruised Insurance Recoverer
Who is The Bruised Insurance Recoverer?
- They are drivers, many hard-working citizens, that have had the misfortune of:
- 2+ at fault-accidents in the last few years
- 2 or 3+ tickets in the last few three years
- Young drivers, with early blemishes on their record
- Regrettable impaired driving and other serious infractions
- Insurance premiums at 2.5-3.5x higher than average insurance premiums
How many Canadians?
- 1.7-2.7 million private passenger drivers
- The amount of people requiring “Facility Auto Insurance” (also known as insurance of last resort) varies between 1% to 5% of Canadians
- An additional 6% of cars that drive on the road are “uninsured” negligently and typically due to inability to afford high-risk driver premiums
- Bruised Insurance Recovers generally falls into two camps:
- Risky Activity – admitted record of risky driving with dangerous habits, drunk driving that needs to be stopped.
- Unlucky Driver Records – repeated accidents and claims (whether they are to blame or not), and traffic offences.
- Standard Insurance companies can refuse to insure the high-risk driver.
- Frequently, “big direct” insurers simply have formulas that will kick these drivers out from even renewing their policies.
- Bruised Insurance Recoverers often feel guilty and helpless in trying to get insurance.
- They feel like even with the best of future intentions, there is no affordable recourse and their record will always be with them– both myths.
- They believe their only option is “Facility” (the insurer of last resort). That’s not always the case.
isure Insurance Guidance
Shop Around - You Have Options
The number one way for a Bruised Insurance Recoverer to save money is to shop around.
isure is the only Ontario insurance broker representing all of the high-risk specialty auto insurers. You can easily compare rates and look for the most competitive option. Even though your premium is higher-than-average, high-risk insurers must still compete with each other for your business and we make sure they do.
Improve Your Driver Record, and Keep Track of It
You can become a safe driver and pay lower premiums again, if you change your driving behavior your risk profile improves. It takes 3 years for most tickets to come off your record. It takes longer for accidents to fall off your record, but with the right professional insurance advice and right plan you could see savings each year as you record improves. Stay on top of your rates, monitor your driving, along with a little patience and you will see savings in your car insurance premiums.
All Tickets Count!
When trying to fix your driving record, remember that all tickets count regardless of demerit points. If you are charged by police, and pay any fine, it counts towards your car insurance record (that doesn’t include parking tickets…they will not affect your insurance rates). Best advice for lower insurance premiums is to avoid all tickets.
Stay Accident and Distraction Free, Particularly if you are Young
The odds are stark – an 18 year old is 3X as likely to get into an accident as a 48 year old. Driver distraction is found to be the cause of 65% of crashes and 80% of collisions. Avoid these common driving distractions that lead to crashes:
- Text messaging (or texting) on a cell phone – 23 times more likely
- Talking on a cell phone – 4 to 5 times more likely
- Reading – 3 times more likely
- Applying makeup – 3 times more likely
- Reaching for a moving object – 9 times more likely
- Dialing on a hand-held device – 3 times more likely
- Talking or listening on a hand-held device – 1.3 times more likely
Stay Licensed and Insured
Whatever you do, always drive with a license and stay insured. It’s not worth the risk of being personally exposed to millions of dollars of risk. Sadly, unlicensed drivers cause 5X as many fatal accidents as licensed ones.
Stay Claims Free
Sometimes it’s more cost-effective for you to pay to have the vehicle fixed than file a minor claim that may affect your insurance rates.
Raising Your Deductible
The simplest thing you can do to save money is to raise your auto insurance deductible. A higher deductible means you will pay more out of pocket on an accident or vandalism claim. Higher deductibles will only cost you if you put yourself in unsafe situations, so as long as you drive safely they will save you money every month.
Find a Guilt-Free Insurance Experience
You already feel bad, you don’t need to feel worse. At isure, we are not here to judge you. We’ll keep the information you provide us confidential and you can be confident that we’ll do the best anyone can to secure your Bruised Insurance Recovery auto coverage. Our online insurance quoting process can allow you to assess quotes and policies virtually, without the need for face-to-face meeting.
The Last Resort – Facility
The government and insurers realizes that for some people, having a car is essential. In the rare case we can’t find you an insurer, an organization called Facility Association will make insurance available to the “highest risk” drivers who wouldn’t otherwise be able to get insurance. Unfortunately, this is at very high premiums and best to be avoided.