Dentist Insurance

Customized insurance solutions for your needs
As a dentist, your job is to protect and enhance your patient’s smiles each and every day. Dentists have a variety of responsibilities, from routine teeth cleanings to orthodontics and oral surgery. To complete your job to the best of your ability, you should be sure that you and your practice are insured in the event something unexpected takes place. As a dentist, you are privy to unique risks, which is why the following three types of insurance should keep you safe from many potential issues.

Professional Liability

Being a dentist means you constantly face risks at work each day. Even with the utmost care, you or an employee may still make an error. While performing routine cleanings, if you or a hygienist accidentally scratches a patient’s tooth, you could be forced to pay damage costs. Similarly, while performing dental surgery, you can accidentally miss the vein and your patient is now in pain the entire surgery. Both of these situations could result in you being faced with legal and damages fees. When you have Professional Liability insurance, which is also known as Errors and Omissions insurance, the financial costs could be partially or entirely covered. Professional Liability covers damages and legal costs associated with accused negligence, accused malpractice and personal injury.

Commercial General Liability

Where Professional Liability covers damages patients incur as a result of something you do, Commercial General Liability covers damages sustained from your physical office. For example, if a patient slips and falls on a wet spot on the floor, costs may be covered by CGL. The same applies if a patient’s property is damaged while visiting your office. Essentially, CGL policies cover non-professional acts of negligence and accidents, those of which are not covered under a Professional Liability insurance policy.

Commercial General Liability

For the duration of your development job, you will need commercial builder risk insurance. Even before you break ground on a project, you will need to secure insurance coverage. Builder’s risk insurance is similar to property insurance, except it is for property still under construction. It financially protects your project site, contents and unfinished buildings from damage due to named causes. Typically, these causes are fire, storms, lightning or explosions. You can negotiate certain specific risks with your policy issuer – collaborate with isure to discuss policy contract period and policy specifics.

Commercial Property Insurance

Protect your practice from physical damages as a result of fire, explosion, water pipes bursting or criminal activity with Commercial Property Insurance. Restoration and rebuild costs can be devastating to any business if you don’t have insurance. As a dentist, you have extremely valuable property and professional equipment, such as expensive x-ray machines. Consider adding content insurance to your commercial property policy and protect your practice’s equipment from the same potential hazards.

To speak with an isure broker about bundling different types of insurance for your dental practice, call us today! Our experts will help you find the lowest rate for the best fit and highest quality coverage.

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.