Home Insurance in
Making Insurance Friendly and Easier
Best Home Insurance rates in Barrie
Located on the western shore of Lake Simcoe, Barrie is a well-established waterfront community within the Golden Horseshoe. Barrie is only about an hour away from Toronto, so if you are looking for a quiet city to live but would still like to be fairly close to an exciting downtown core, Barrie may be the perfect place to buy a home!
If this is your first time pursuing home insurance, looking for a new home insurer, or better home insurance coverage, it can be a bit confusing and overwhelming. You have to research what each home insurance policy covers in Barrie, how much you want to spend, and how to actually buy a policy.
How do I lower my home insurance rate in Barrie?
There are many elements that go into determining the rate you pay for your home insurance in Barrie. If you feel like you are paying too much for your insurance, then the following factors may help get you a discount:
- Install a security system: You may be eligible for a discount if you have video surveillance and/or a burglar alarm in your Barrie home.
- Bundle your home and auto insurance: If you drive a car or motorcycle, you can bundle that together with your home insurance policy to save up to 15%! Call an isure broker today to learn more about bundling your insurance.
- Non-smokers: If you don’t smoke, your insurance provider may provide you with a small discount.
- Proximity to a fire station or fire hydrant: If you live near a fire station and you have a fire hydrant on or close to your property, you could see a lower insurance rate!
- Graduate of a Canadian college or university: If you are an alumni of a certain university or college in Canada, you may be eligible for a discount on your home insurance policy. To check if your alumni is a part of this program, give isure a call today!
The isure Home Insurance Advantage
At isure, we know how many countless hours you and your partner have worked to save up enough money to buy a house in Barrie, and it’s our mission to help you get the most comprehensive and affordable home insurance policy.
Your professional Barrie home insurance broker from isure will provide you with quick and comprehensive home insurance quotes and will go over them with you to ensure you aren’t surprised by any fine print. Gain peace of mind knowing that we focus all of our energy on finding the best Barrie home insurance coverage. We will contact over 25 of the largest certified insurers in Barrie for the best quotes available.
When you call isure, you will be placed with a personal home insurance broker who will go through your insurance needs for your home or can help improve your current coverage and discover new discounts.
Why Trust isure as your
Barrie Home Insurance Broker?
Attention and Insight
Control Your Home Insurance Policy
Get the leading insurance policies with the best personalized options you deserve.
Barrie Home Insurance FAQs
What are the categories of home insurance?
When you shop for home insurance in Barrie, there are three types of home insurance policies that typically can be updated with custom perils and options:
- Standard or basic: Standard or basic home insurance in Barrie will generally cover damage that occurs from the weather (example: hail, wind, lightning) or fire. The perils that are covered in a standard or basic policy will be listed clearly and will only cover those specific perils. If you are looking for a basic home insurance policy in Barrie, give isure a call today!
- Broad: A broad home insurance policy in Barrie provides just that; broad coverage for your home. This coverage will include everything in the standard insurance policy, as well as other perils, such as vandalism and theft. It can also cover unpredictable events like burst or frozen pipes. Be sure to check with your isure broker to see what perils are (and aren’t) covered in your policy.
- Comprehensive: This is the most robust type of home insurance coverage available in Barrie because it covers most perils. A comprehensive home insurance policy is recommended for those who want almost any damage to their home to be covered.
How is home insurance calculated in Barrie?
There is a lot that goes into the amount you pay for your home insurance in Barrie. Here is a quick breakdown of what generally goes into determining the cost of your home insurance:
Your home’s characteristics. The size, age, and condition of your home will play a big role in determining your home insurance rate. Larger houses in Barrie will generally be more expensive than smaller homes, and newly-renovated homes will have a better rate than a home that is starting to break down.
How your home was constructed. If your home was built using high-quality and expensive materials, then the insurance will be more expensive as those materials will need to be replaced in the case of irreparable damage.
Not sure where and how to start?
isure experts are here to HELP you.